Hundreds get snap happy at Ely Photographic Club’s annual exhibition
- Credit: Archant
More than 450 people enjoyed an exhibition hosted by some of Ely’s top photographers over the weekend.
Ely Cathedral Centre hosted Ely Photographic Club’s annual exhibition of members’ work.
The event was opened by the mayor of Ely, Councillor Lis Every, and featured more than 100 examples of work created by the club’s 35-strong membership.
Chairman Nick Bowman said: “We are pretty pleased with the support we had from the public. We try and make it better each year but the feedback we have had so far is that it was the best exhibition yet.
“It was nice to be able to give members the opportunity to display their work and some were able to send some of their items as well.
“Thanks go to Tesco for providing the refreshments and Hughes for providing a television.”
To learn more about Ely Photographic Club, contact the chairman on 07976 642189.
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 8 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 9 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series