Human League Star Hoping To Wow Crowds At Forest Gig
EIGHTIES electro pop sensations The Human League, are all set to wow crowds with a dose of heady nostalgia this summer. The band, who have sold some 20 million records worldwide, have been hard at work over the winter months retuning their act and they a
EIGHTIES electro pop sensations The Human League, are all set to wow crowds with a dose of heady nostalgia this summer.
The band, who have sold some 20 million records worldwide, have been hard at work over the winter months retuning their act and they are hoping to bring a touch of 80s style to Thetford when they take to the stage on July 9.
"We've been rehearsing our act non-stop now and we are really looking forward to our first gig in the forest, said group member Joanne Catherall.
"Performing live is what I, and I think the band, enjoy doing the most as it gets you out with the crowd and you can feed off of their reactions."
You may also want to watch:
The group, who have got plans in the pipeline for a new album, will be treating crowds to a feast of all their classic hits including, Mirror Man, Fascination and, of course, Don't You Want Me.
On top of the much-loved favourites, the band will also be featuring a scattering of new material, something which Joanne hopes will be greeted with the approval of their fans, "The demand for gigs and live music has shifted so much since I first started out and I think with the amount of events like these around its important to give people something exciting.
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 6 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 7 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 8 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 9 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
- 10 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
"Im definitely looking forward to the show and I hope that everyone who comes is ready to have a great time as well."
The Human League will be performing at High Lodge, Thetford Forest, Near Brandon, Suffolk on Thursday July 9.
Tickets �29.50 (subject to booking fee) are on sale from Forestry Commission Box Office on 01842 814612 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music