Human League Star Hoping To Wow Crowds At Forest Gig
EIGHTIES electro pop sensations The Human League, are all set to wow crowds with a dose of heady nostalgia this summer. The band, who have sold some 20 million records worldwide, have been hard at work over the winter months retuning their act and they a
EIGHTIES electro pop sensations The Human League, are all set to wow crowds with a dose of heady nostalgia this summer.
The band, who have sold some 20 million records worldwide, have been hard at work over the winter months retuning their act and they are hoping to bring a touch of 80s style to Thetford when they take to the stage on July 9.
"We've been rehearsing our act non-stop now and we are really looking forward to our first gig in the forest, said group member Joanne Catherall.
"Performing live is what I, and I think the band, enjoy doing the most as it gets you out with the crowd and you can feed off of their reactions."
The group, who have got plans in the pipeline for a new album, will be treating crowds to a feast of all their classic hits including, Mirror Man, Fascination and, of course, Don't You Want Me.
On top of the much-loved favourites, the band will also be featuring a scattering of new material, something which Joanne hopes will be greeted with the approval of their fans, "The demand for gigs and live music has shifted so much since I first started out and I think with the amount of events like these around its important to give people something exciting.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 6 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 7 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 8 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
"Im definitely looking forward to the show and I hope that everyone who comes is ready to have a great time as well."
The Human League will be performing at High Lodge, Thetford Forest, Near Brandon, Suffolk on Thursday July 9.
Tickets �29.50 (subject to booking fee) are on sale from Forestry Commission Box Office on 01842 814612 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music