HRH The Princess Royal officially opens Jim Joel House at the British Racing School in Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
Princess Anne visited Newmarket to officially open Jim Joel House at the British Racing School.
A school spokesman said: “For a number of years we have been short of accommodation and classrooms.
“Thanks to very generous donations from Childwick and Moller trusts we have been able to build a further accommodation block, named Jim Joel House, after Jim Joel, a keen racing enthusiast, who established the Childwick Trust.
“This gives us a further 12 bed spaces, common room and state of the art classrooms and is a hugely useful and much needed addition to the school.”
During her visit the school said they took the opportunity to explain many of the changes and improvements that have been made since she was last at the school in 2008.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: “She seemed to enjoy her day with us and much to the delight of the staff and trainees took the time to engage with everybody she met and demonstrated a genuine interest in the training we deliver.”
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 10 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland