HRH The Princess Royal officially opens Jim Joel House at the British Racing School in Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
Princess Anne visited Newmarket to officially open Jim Joel House at the British Racing School.
A school spokesman said: “For a number of years we have been short of accommodation and classrooms.
“Thanks to very generous donations from Childwick and Moller trusts we have been able to build a further accommodation block, named Jim Joel House, after Jim Joel, a keen racing enthusiast, who established the Childwick Trust.
“This gives us a further 12 bed spaces, common room and state of the art classrooms and is a hugely useful and much needed addition to the school.”
During her visit the school said they took the opportunity to explain many of the changes and improvements that have been made since she was last at the school in 2008.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: “She seemed to enjoy her day with us and much to the delight of the staff and trainees took the time to engage with everybody she met and demonstrated a genuine interest in the training we deliver.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 9 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k