How you can get involved
THE Ely Standard is throwing its weight behind the fight to Say No to Mereham. If you want to get involved there are many ways in which you can help. # Register your protest with the secretary of state for communities and local government, MP Hazel Blears
THE Ely Standard is throwing its weight behind the fight to Say No to Mereham.
If you want to get involved there are many ways in which you can help.
# Register your protest with the secretary of state for communities and local government, MP Hazel Blears, at Jubilee House, 51 The Crescent, Salford, M5 4WX or by email at email@example.com
# Register your protest with the agent for Multiplex, The Barton Willmore Planning Partnership, 1 High Street, Chesterton, Cambs, CB4 1WB.
# Sign the petition on the 10 Downing Street website at http//petitions.pm.gov.uk/SAYNO2MEREHAM/
# Sign the petition in post offices at Wilburton, Stretham and Haddenham, the Spar shop in Haddenham or on the Ely market stall on Saturday, September 22 and 29.
- 1 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 2 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 3 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 6 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 9 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 10 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
# Pre-register your desire to speak at the inquiry with Lynette Duncan at Persona Associates by email at Lynette-Duncan@personaassociates.
co.uk or by phone on 01403 217799
# Download a Say No to Mereham sign from www.east-cambs.gov.uk/
mereham or buy a placard sign from Julie Parr on 01353 741380. Car stickers and posters are also available from the Ely Standard office at 38 Market Street, Ely.
# Volunteer to attend the inquiry, join the demonstration or just take on one of the many campaign tasks by calling Julie Parr on 01353 741380.