How postal voting can work for you
MORE than 3,300 people will be lodging their election vote by post and for some it is the first time they have decided to vote this way. To help those who are new to this type of voting, East Cambridgeshire District Council s electoral services team is gi
MORE than 3,300 people will be lodging their election vote by post and for some it is the first time they have decided to vote this way.
To help those who are new to this type of voting, East Cambridgeshire District Council's electoral services team is giving the following advice, as the election, on the May 3 gets closer:
# Ballot papers will be sent in the post. Remember, it may not be sent out until four working days before Election Day. If it does not arrive by this time, contact the electoral registration office for a replacement ballot paper. This must be done by 5pm on election day.
# Voters will need to give their date of birth and signature on their postal vote. This information is needed to tackle fraud.
You may also want to watch:
# Please make sure the postal vote arrives by election day, otherwise it will not be counted. A Freepost envelope is included in the postal ballot pack.
# If it is too late to send the postal vote back by post, hand it in on election day to the returning officer at the district council or drop it off at a polling station in the respective ward.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
# All postal votes will be mixed with all the others before counting begins, so votes will be kept secret.