How a little bit of money is a BIG help
THE aim of our campaign is to help Liam reach his £100,000 target, and here is a list of things that money can buy: £1.50 – a set of three colourful storybooks that have been written to explain cancer and leukaemia. £5 – some finger puppets that will hel
THE aim of our campaign is to help Liam reach his £100,000 target, and here is a list of things that money can buy:
£1.50 - a set of three colourful storybooks that have been written to explain cancer and leukaemia.
£5 - some finger puppets that will help a CLIC Sargent play specialist to explain treatment procedures to a child.
£10 - a CLIC Sargent Little Denim Book, which contains useful information including charts for blood counts and space to record other key facts about a child's treatment.
You may also want to watch:
£20 - will buy several blood sample kits that nurses can use on home visits.
£30 - a computer game to keep youngsters amused during long hospital stays. Hospitals often have lots of toys, but not much to interest older children and teenagers.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
£50 - means a CLIC Sargent social worker can be there soon after diagnosis to assess the family's needs and talk through any worries they may have.
£65 - will provide a half-day's professional training for a care worker.
£100 - pays for an activity weekend for a child.
£200 - funds a grant which can give families peace of mind by providing cash for a phone bill, travel costs and heating bills.
£280 - will accommodate a family at a Home from Home for 10 days.
£450 - funds a support worker for a week.
£720 - funds a social worker for one week.
£1,000 - provides a relaxing break for a family.
£2,000 - funds a play specialist for one month.
£3,300 - pays for a nurse for one month.
£4,000 - will help to refurbish a bedroom at one of the Home from Home properties.
£10,000 - will pay for a fully equipped kitchen at a Home from Home property.
£30,000 - will secure a new holiday home on a park in the UK.
£50,000 - will help to secure a new site for a Home from Home property.