Developer submits plans to build East Cambs village homes
- Credit: Ashberry Homes
Plans to build 52 new homes in an East Cambridgeshire village have been submitted.
Ashberry Homes wants to build one to four-bedroom homes on land off Soham Road, Fordham, with 21 properties made as affordable housing.
Plans have been passed to East Cambridgeshire District Council, which also includes ideas to provide nearly one acre of green space.
A new access road would be created off Soham Road, as Ashberry Homes aims to contribute to local infrastructure, including £37,000 towards improvements to the roundabout linking the A142 Fordham Road and the A1123.
Phil Standen, regional managing director for Ashberry Homes Eastern Counties, said: “We have worked with the local authority’s planning team to create detailed proposals which we believe make optimal use of the land.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important that we build homes that meet the needs of people in Fordham and of people looking to move to the village.”
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 3 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 8 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 9 Community pharmacy teams to offer free Covid-19 test kits
- 10 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years