Developer submits plans to build East Cambs village homes
- Credit: Ashberry Homes
Plans to build 52 new homes in an East Cambridgeshire village have been submitted.
Ashberry Homes wants to build one to four-bedroom homes on land off Soham Road, Fordham, with 21 properties made as affordable housing.
Plans have been passed to East Cambridgeshire District Council, which also includes ideas to provide nearly one acre of green space.
A new access road would be created off Soham Road, as Ashberry Homes aims to contribute to local infrastructure, including £37,000 towards improvements to the roundabout linking the A142 Fordham Road and the A1123.
Phil Standen, regional managing director for Ashberry Homes Eastern Counties, said: “We have worked with the local authority’s planning team to create detailed proposals which we believe make optimal use of the land.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important that we build homes that meet the needs of people in Fordham and of people looking to move to the village.”
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 9 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 10 Town considers home for market