Developer submits plans to build East Cambs village homes
- Credit: Ashberry Homes
Plans to build 52 new homes in an East Cambridgeshire village have been submitted.
Ashberry Homes wants to build one to four-bedroom homes on land off Soham Road, Fordham, with 21 properties made as affordable housing.
Plans have been passed to East Cambridgeshire District Council, which also includes ideas to provide nearly one acre of green space.
A new access road would be created off Soham Road, as Ashberry Homes aims to contribute to local infrastructure, including £37,000 towards improvements to the roundabout linking the A142 Fordham Road and the A1123.
Phil Standen, regional managing director for Ashberry Homes Eastern Counties, said: “We have worked with the local authority’s planning team to create detailed proposals which we believe make optimal use of the land.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important that we build homes that meet the needs of people in Fordham and of people looking to move to the village.”
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 8 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 9 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 10 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital