MP impressed after visit to village housing success
- Credit: HCLT
MP Lucy Frazer was “very impressed” with what she saw on her visit to a village housing scheme.
Ms Frazer visited Ovins Rise in Haddenham on May 21, part of the Haddenham Community Land Trust (HCLT) which gained planning permission for 19 affordable homes in 2018, as she toured the new development with HCLT chairman Mark Hugo.
Seven tenants have moved in while two more are due to arrive this week at Ovins Rise, which is due to be completed in 2022-23.
The SE Cambs MP said: “I am very impressed with the Ovins Rise development and the role Haddenham Community Land Trust have had in providing affordable housing to local people.
“Housing can be expensive in Cambridgeshire and it’s heartening to know young couples and families have moved into lovely new homes here.”
The scheme, which aims to provide local homes for local people, has received support from Haddenham Parish Council, Homes England, East Cambs District Council and the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority.
You may also want to watch:
In 2018, the Combined Authority had loaned £6.5m to developers Palace Green Homes, part of the trading arm of East Cambs District Council, to help HCLT reach their target.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 7 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 8 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 9 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 10 Chilled out seal photographed relaxing on Cambs riverbank