Housing plan unveiled for former joinery
- Credit: Archant
A former joinery in Soham could be demolished to make way for a development of houses.
Tim and Paul Hedger have applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council for permission to demolish a host of outbuildings on the former Soham Joinery site, in Mereside.
The developers said plans for the 1.7acre site would include garaging, parking and access roads.
Agents acting for the Hedgers said: “It is not considered that traffic levels will increase significantly. The site is immediately adjacent to the existing relief road which gives excellent links back to the A142.
“It is therefore considered the proposal will have no significant transport implications.”
You may also want to watch:
To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'