Housebuilder behind King’s Meadow development in Ely urges residents to take part in £12,000 community fund
- Credit: Archant
A housebuilder behind the King’s Meadow development in Ely is encouraging residents to apply for their annual £12,000 community fund.
Redrow Homes South Midlands, who are building on Kings Avenue in the city, are once again offering £1,000 every month for a year to community initiatives within their region.
The initiative aims to support local organisations and individuals and has provided funds for various causes, from funding a new sports surface for schools to supporting a local foodbank.
Suzanne Irons, sales director for Redrow Homes South Midlands, said: "We were overwhelmed with the success of last year's community fund, so we knew we had to renew the initiative for another year.
"Whether you're a volunteer at a local charity or a community group that makes a difference to the area, we'd like to encourage everyone to share their story with us.
You may also want to watch:
"We're looking forward to hearing how we can help people in Ely and the surrounding areas."
The fund closes on Monday, April 13. For details on how to apply, visit https://www.redrow.co.uk/promo/south-midlands-community-fund.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor