House fire in St Leonard’s Road, Leverington
- Credit: Archant
The first floor bedroom of a house in Leverington caught fire yesterday morning.
“At 11.18am on Thursday (27) one crew from Wisbech and one crew from Long Sutton in Norfolk were called to a fire on St Leonard’s Road in Leverington,” said a Cambs Fire spokesman.
“Firefighters arrived to find a fire in a first floor bedroom of a house.
“Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
“The crews returned to their stations by 1.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'