Fire crews from across Cambridgeshire and Suffolk battle kitchen blaze
- Credit: Cambs FRS
Fire crews from across Cambridgeshire and Suffolk, including the south roaming fire engine, tackled a home kitchen blaze at the weekend.
Crews from Cambridge, Newmarket and Mildenhall in Suffolk were called to the fire on Grantchester Rise in Burwell on Saturday (June 26).
A spokesperson for the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 1.25pm firefighters arrived to find a fire in the kitchen of a house.
“Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
“A female casualty was given first aid at the scene and left in the care of ambulance crews.
You may also want to watch:
“The crews returned to their stations by 3.50pm and the cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 2 Sutton couple mark seven decades of marriage
- 3 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 4 Covid-19 job loss prompts Michael to launch out on his own
- 5 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 6 Town considers home for market
- 7 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 8 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 9 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument