House badly damaged in blaze
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a house fire in Ely which started in a dishwasher.
Crews from Littleport were called to a property in Columbine Road, shortly before 9.45am, on Tuesday.
A fire had broken out in the kitchen of a house and four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels and jets to extinguish the fire by 10.17am.
Ventilation fans were used to clear smoke from the house.
Crews returned to their stations by 11.30am. The cause of the fire was accidental.
You may also want to watch:
Clive Allen, watch commander at Littleport on-call fire station, which attended the incident, said: “A fire started in a dishwasher and had spread to surrounding kitchen amenities.
“The fast response and action of crews meant the fire was contained to the kitchen and smoke damage to the ground floor of the house.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 8 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 9 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
“The family had working smoke alarms fitted which alerted them to the property, enabling them to get out, stay out, and dial 999.”