Haddenham Steam Rally and Heavy Horse Show 2019: Tractor-restoring family win again in annual show’s competition
- Credit: Supplied
A family of tractor fans from the Fens scooped another award at this year’s Haddenham Steam Rally and Heavy Horse Show.
The Housden family, who have history growing up on a farm in Chittering, entered their International B275 tractor and scooped the 'Best Presented' prize.
Sophie Housden, niece of tractor owner Nigel, is learning the ropes of the family motto to be able to 'fix everything'.
Ms Housden said: "My uncle and his brothers have grew up being able to fix anything which led my uncle to buy a couple of tractor projects that he has on the go.
"Then my auntie brought my uncle the international fully restored as a 50th birthday present but it was me who encouraged my uncle to let us take it to Haddenham.
You may also want to watch:
"I've become my uncle's apprentice I suppose and I'm wanting to learn about the mechanics behind the tractor and not just driving it. And so far I loved everything."
Last year, the family scooped best newcomer as they made their festival debut.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
Ms Housden added: "We were shocked and delighted with the win this year. Our whole family wore red Housden tractors hats.
"We have future plans of entering local plowing competitions and maybe more steam rallies."