Hotel in Ely already collecting awards, despite not even being open!
THE new hotel set to open its doors in Ely has already started collecting accolades, despite not even being open.
Poets House, in St Mary’s Street, has been named as one of the world’s Top 20 Cool New Hotels for 2013 by national newspaper The Times.
The hotel, scheduled to open in the spring, featured among just five in England, highlighting its modern design and flamboyant style.
Poets House is the first hotel in The House Collection, a group of boutique hotels based on the small luxury house concept.
David Toulson-Burke, managing director of The House Collection, said: “We are so thrilled that the promise and potential of Poets House has been recognised by The Times.
You may also want to watch:
“While we have every confidence that the Poets House will set a new standard for hospitality in Ely, such a resounding endorsement is a tremendous boost.
“We very much hope that Poets House will add something new and special to Ely’s wonderful range of attractions and that such national acclaim will help to further raise the city’s profile as a destination of choice for discerning visitors.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
Poets House will feature 21 bedrooms and a restaurant, a function room opening onto the gardens and a suite of facilities for corporate events and business meetings.
Further information on The House Collection and enquiries about reservations can be made via the website: www.thehousecollection.com.