Horses wandering across Soham road cause concern from local residents
- Credit: Archant
A number of horses wandering across the road in Qua Fen Common in Soham caused concern from local residents yesterday.
PCSO Kat Deronal was called to the area after police received a call from a member of the public.
Kat, who is an experienced handler of horses and has four of her own stabled in Ely, said: “Horses can be daunting for people because they are large and powerful creatures - but these horses were wonderfully friendly and were happy to trot back across into the field away from the road.
“The horses that graze on Qua Fen Common are on common land which everyone is allowed to use for cattle and livestock.
“The road itself is not fenced, so we recommend that all drivers should travel through the area with care.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman added: “The cheeky colt pictured with Kat was more interested in making friends than finding the safety of the field.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph