Horse Left With Serious Injuries After Thieves Target Coveney Farmhouse
A HORSE was left with serious injuries after thieves broke into a farm in Coveney at the weekend. The incident took place overnight between May 7 and 8 with thieves attempting to steal the animal from a locked stable at Wayhead Farm in the village. The ow
A HORSE was left with serious injuries after thieves broke into a farm in Coveney at the weekend.
The incident took place overnight between May 7 and 8 with thieves attempting to steal the animal from a locked stable at Wayhead Farm in the village.
The owner of the horses told officers that she was awoken by a loud bang at 6.30am on May 8 and went outside to investigate. Although she was unable to spot any vehicles or people in the area, she discovered that the padlock was missing from the stable and her two horses were running loose in a field.
The owner also spotted that the younger of the two horses had a head collar on it, which had been hanging on a hook outside the stable when she had locked them away the previous evening.
You may also want to watch:
The horse had received some cuts to its front legs which could have been self inflicted due to the stress of the incident. Both back legs on the horse were also found to be lame.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the CIMU at Parkside Police Station on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 2 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 3 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 4 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 5 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen