Ely-based Labour-tech joins forces with The Lighthouse Centre to help the city’s homeless
- Credit: LABOUR-TECH
Local company Labour-tech Recruitment has teamed up with The Lighthouse Centre to help out Ely’s homeless this Christmas.
The centre, based in the city, provides a range of help including home packs, food parcels and a winter night shelter.
Christmas is a time to join together… Local Company, Labour-tech Recruitment Helps Local Charity
Labour-tech has so far provided comfortable and practical beds for the night shelter and they will continue to support and help fundraise for the homeless in Ely in 2019.
Keith Wilson, owner and managing director of Labour-tech, met with Giles Cornell and Zoe Cutter from The Lighthouse Centre.
Giles said: “Once an individual has been at our night shelter, we can ensure they have support seeking external advice.
“This ranges from housing, jobs, mental health, debt management, drug and alcohol problems, legal and other issues.”
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
For more information about how you can help or to make a donation, contact The Lighthouse Centre on 01353 662228.