HADDENHAM S new pharmacist, Neil Sharma, has become the first in East Cambridgeshire to offer a home delivery service for prescriptions. After taking over the Station Road pharmacy just three months ago, Neil has already up to 30 people on his delivery sc
HADDENHAM'S new pharmacist, Neil Sharma, has become the first in East Cambridgeshire to offer a home delivery service for prescriptions.
After taking over the Station Road pharmacy just three months ago, Neil has already up to 30 people on his delivery schedule.
He offers to take orders for repeat prescriptions and deliver them to patients' homes free of charge.
His service has proved popular not only with Haddenham residents but also those attending Priorsfield Surgery, Sutton and St Mary's Surgery, Lantern Surgery and Octagon Surgery, Ely.
You may also want to watch:
"Most of the patients using the service are housebound or terminally ill who find it difficult to get to the surgery or the pharmacy," said Neil. "But I also deliver to people who are just too busy to get here because of the demands of work or because of the hassle of parking in Ely.
"I can help anyone who finds it difficult to get to their surgery to order repeat prescriptions or has difficulty getting to the pharmacy to pick up their tablets."
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
To use the service patients fill in a form at Haddenham Pharmacy giving details of their medication.
When it is time for their repeat prescriptions they contact Neil and within three days he will be ready to arrange delivery to their homes between Monday and Friday.
Before arriving in Haddenham Neil spent nine years working as a pharmacist in Coventry where the scheme is common practice.