HoH Campaign: Real ale gives a real boost
WILBURTON hosted its best ever annual beer festival at the weekend, and all of the money raised will go to the Ely Standard s Help Our Hospice campaign. The festival committee has already raised £400 over the course of the year so far, but the total loo
WILBURTON hosted its "best ever" annual beer festival at the weekend, and all of the money raised will go to the Ely Standard's Help Our Hospice campaign.
The festival committee has already raised £400 over the course of the year so far, but the total looks set to shoot up following a successful weekend of real ales, World Cup action, music and food.
Wilburton's eighth festival took place at Wilburton Recreation Ground on Saturday and Sunday, offering more than 25 real ales, a selection of ciders, as well as live music throughout the festival.
World Cup fans were not forced to make the agonising decision between real ale and football either, as Total Computing of St Ives provided a large screen for visitors to watch Sunday's crucial match between England and Ecuador.
"It was extremely successful," said Paula Hennessy, festival committee member.
"The weather was perfect, all the beer and ciders ran out and we think it was our best year yet."
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 3 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 6 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 7 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 8 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 9 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 10 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
She said that attendance was more than a thousand and it is hoped the event has raised more than £4,000 for the Milton Hospice.