HoH Campaign: Raising cash for the hospice
# SOHAM Comrades Club is to stage a fund-raising event for the Milton Children s Hospice on Saturday, featuring two of the district s hottest young rock acts. Classic rock covers band Akimbo were approached to perform at the charity event by organiser J
# SOHAM Comrades' Club is to stage a fund-raising event for the Milton Children's Hospice on Saturday, featuring two of the district's hottest young rock acts.
Classic rock covers band Akimbo were approached to perform at the charity event by organiser Jackie Mann, and they will be joined on the bill by up-and coming rockers The Strays.
The event, which kicks off at 8pm, will also feature a huge prize draw with prizes donated by local businesses.
INFO: Tickets are £5 on the door, and Ely Standard Help Our Hospice petition forms will be available for people to sign during the evening.
You may also want to watch:
# RISING rock stars Error 404 have backed our Help Our Hospice Campaign with a charity concert for EACH on Saturday, March 18 at Little Downham Village Hall.
The quartet will take to the stage at 8pm, and tickets for the gig are a bargain at £3 on the door. There will also be a charity draw and a bar.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
The band will be performing original material from new CD Eye of the Storm, and have another date booked at Stuntney Social Club on April 8.
INFO: For more information about Error 404 and Eye of the Storm, visit www.error404-theband.co.uk, or e-mail email@example.com.
# MARATHON man Mark Hurworth will be running the treble for our Help Our Hospice campaign. Mark, 37, will be running in this year's London Marathon, the Great North Run, and the Great South Run. This will be Mark's fourth London Marathon and he chose to support the EACH charity because of the valuable work they do to help local children and their families.
Mark, a father of two young sons, said: "Sadly, the children's hospice is desperately underfunded and relies heavily on donations from the general public to carry out its vital work in our local community. From my three runs, I am aiming to raise £2000, and any donations from your readers would be really appreciated.
INFO: If you would like to sponsor Mark, you can pledge a donation online at: www.justgiving.com/markhurworth or email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org