HoH Campaign: Michael in chain reaction
AN Isleham cyclist is taking part in EACH s mammoth 33-mile bike ride on Sunday to raise money for children s hospices. Michael Kelly, 66, of West Road, will join hundreds of riders in Santon Downham for the Ride For Life – a huge cycling trip around Thet
AN Isleham cyclist is taking part in EACH's mammoth 33-mile bike ride on Sunday to raise money for children's hospices.
Michael Kelly, 66, of West Road, will join hundreds of riders in Santon Downham for the Ride For Life - a huge cycling trip around Thetford Forest and the charity's biggest fund-raising event of the year.
"The organisers are trying to raise what funds they can and this year they're trying to raise £60,000," Mr Kelly said.
The event has been running for 13 years and this will be the seventh time that Mr Kelly has taken part in the Ride for Life. He hopes to raise more than £100 this year.
You may also want to watch:
Trophies are awarded for entrants raising the most sponsorship money, as well as awards for the best fancy dress, novelty bikes and community teams.
Mr Kelly raced when he was younger and he regularly cycles as a member of Mildenhall Cycling Club.
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
INFO: If you are interested in sponsoring Mr Kelly, you can fill in a sponsorship form at the Ely Standard office at 38 Market Street, Ely.