HoH Campaign: Hospice friends raise tidy sum
THE Friends of Milton Hospice organised a fantastic Gala Day at Milton Hall, raising an estimated £8,000 with games, live entertainment and activities. The day was opened by one of Q103 s trademark Black Thunder vehicles, and included dozens of activitie
THE Friends of Milton Hospice organised a fantastic Gala Day at Milton Hall, raising an estimated £8,000 with games, live entertainment and activities.
The day was opened by one of Q103's trademark Black Thunder vehicles, and included dozens of activities and stalls for the whole family, including face-painting and a life-size version of the popular board game "Operation".
Colin Roberts of Each said that all credit for the fund-raising should go the Friends of Milton Hospice, whose efforts he described as "incredible".
"Despite the weather, it couldn't have gone better," he said.
You may also want to watch:
He said around 2,000 people visited over the course of the day, many of whom watched the Cambridge University Officers Training Corps drag a field gun from Cottenham through to Milton.
The corps took shifts dragging the huge piece of artillery for sponsorship money.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
Mr Roberts said the group's work raised somewhere in the region of £3,000 towards the total.
"They deserve special thanks," he said.
n LITTLEPORT Leisure Centre is to host a day of activities on Saturday to raise funds for the Milton Hospice.
The event features a women and children's netball competition, a football match and a darts competition.
"This is something we've done for five years now," organiser Amanda Dodman said.
She said the event would be followed up by an adult and junior pool competition and quiz night on June 16.
For more information, contact the leisure centre on 01353 860600.
n Kerry Giles-Brown at Littleport leisure centre has said she is extremely grateful to the public for their support of her half-marathon in Bungay, Suffolk, in April.
"I'd like to thank everyone who sponsored my half-marathon, in memory of Ross Dodman, which raised £1,084 for Milton Children's Hospice," she said.
n CAMBRIDGE Motor Boat Club hosted a coffee morning at its headquarters in Clayhithe last Tuesday, raising £900 for Milton Hospice.
Janet Swain, of the motor boat club, said: "There were about 100 people - we had members of the club, friends, neighbours and anybody we could gather in.