HoH Campaign: Beer festival will help hospice
THE eighth Wilburton Beer Festival will take place over the weekend of June 24-26 and this year s event will raise money for our Help Our Hospice appeal. This two-day extravaganza for all the family will take place on Wilburton s recreation ground. Admiss
THE eighth Wilburton Beer Festival will take place over the weekend of June 24-26 and this year's event will raise money for our Help Our Hospice appeal.
This two-day extravaganza for all the family will take place on Wilburton's recreation ground. Admission is £2.50 for adults and is inclusive of a beer programme. Children are free and free parking is also available. A token system will be in operation for purchasing drinks. Also, Wilburton Beer Festival glasses will be available to buy. You can sample over 25 brews with names like Wilburton Wobbler, Tumbledown Dick, Pressed Rat and Warthog. As it is World Cup year the organisers have decided to offer visitors the chance to watch the football on a large screen.
There will be a barbecue on both days and other food, including vegetarian options will be available. A non-alcoholic children's cocktail bar will be offering refreshments for the younger customers. The event will feature music entertainment from a variety of bands including rock, jazz and folk.
"Over the years Wilburton Beer Festival has raised more than £29,000, said committee member Paula Hennessy.
You may also want to watch:
"This year, we have decided to donate the money raised from the Beer Festival to the Milton Hospice. East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) operate three hospices in this region for terminally ill children, including the one at Milton. As well as providing community-based case and support, the hospices are vibrant places offering fun, friendship, laughter and care; places of refuge where children and parents can find peace of mind and help. So, come along to Wilburton Beer Festival, enjoy the beer, music and food and support England and Milton hospice at the same time."
INFO: For more information on the festival and details of how you can help Milton Hospice, check out: www.wilburton.org.uk/beerfestival/.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series