HoH Campaign: Beer fest should be the best yet
THE eighth Wilburton Beer Festival takes place this weekend, and this year s event will raise money for the Ely Standard s Help Our Hospice appeal. This two-day extravaganza runs on Saturday and Sunday at Wilburton recreation ground, and more than 25 brew
THE eighth Wilburton Beer Festival takes place this weekend, and this year's event will raise money for the Ely Standard's Help Our Hospice appeal.
This two-day extravaganza runs on Saturday and Sunday at Wilburton recreation ground, and more than 25 brews, such as Wilburton Wobbler, Tumbledown Dick, Pressed Rat and Warthog will be available.
The festival organisers have decided to offer visitors the chance to watch the weekend's World Cup matches on a large screen.
There will be a barbecue on both days and other food, including vegetarian options will be available. A non-alcoholic children's cocktail bar will provide refreshments for the younger customers. The event will feature music entertainment from a variety of bands including rock, jazz and folk.
"Over the years Wilburton Beer Festival has raised more than £29,000," said a committee member.
"This year, we have decided to donate the money raised from the Beer Festival to the Milton Hospice. East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) operate three hospices in this region for terminally ill children, including the one at Milton. As well as providing community-based case and support, the hospices are vibrant places offering fun, friendship, laughter and care; places of refuge where children and parents can find peace of mind and help. So, come along to Wilburton Beer Festival, enjoy the beer, music and food and support England and Milton Hospice at the same time."
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
INFO: Admission to the festival is £2.50 for adults and is inclusive of a beer programme. Children are free, and free parking is also available. A token system will be in operation for purchasing drinks. Wilburton Beer Festival glasses will be available to buy. For more information on the festival and details of how you can help Milton Hospice, check out: www.wilburton.org.uk/beerfestival/