HoH Campaign: Beer fest should be the best yet
THE eighth Wilburton Beer Festival takes place this weekend, and this year s event will raise money for the Ely Standard s Help Our Hospice appeal. This two-day extravaganza runs on Saturday and Sunday at Wilburton recreation ground, and more than 25 brew
THE eighth Wilburton Beer Festival takes place this weekend, and this year's event will raise money for the Ely Standard's Help Our Hospice appeal.
This two-day extravaganza runs on Saturday and Sunday at Wilburton recreation ground, and more than 25 brews, such as Wilburton Wobbler, Tumbledown Dick, Pressed Rat and Warthog will be available.
The festival organisers have decided to offer visitors the chance to watch the weekend's World Cup matches on a large screen.
There will be a barbecue on both days and other food, including vegetarian options will be available. A non-alcoholic children's cocktail bar will provide refreshments for the younger customers. The event will feature music entertainment from a variety of bands including rock, jazz and folk.
You may also want to watch:
"Over the years Wilburton Beer Festival has raised more than £29,000," said a committee member.
"This year, we have decided to donate the money raised from the Beer Festival to the Milton Hospice. East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) operate three hospices in this region for terminally ill children, including the one at Milton. As well as providing community-based case and support, the hospices are vibrant places offering fun, friendship, laughter and care; places of refuge where children and parents can find peace of mind and help. So, come along to Wilburton Beer Festival, enjoy the beer, music and food and support England and Milton Hospice at the same time."
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
INFO: Admission to the festival is £2.50 for adults and is inclusive of a beer programme. Children are free, and free parking is also available. A token system will be in operation for purchasing drinks. Wilburton Beer Festival glasses will be available to buy. For more information on the festival and details of how you can help Milton Hospice, check out: www.wilburton.org.uk/beerfestival/