1,000 tonnes of straw found well alight in Haddenham - fire crews remain at scene 15 hours since it started
- Credit: SM
Fire crews remain at the scene of a blaze in Haddenham more than 12 hours after 1,000 tonnes of straw were found well alight.
On Thursday (August 15) at 8.57pm one crew from Chatteris and one crew from Cottenham were called to the stack fire on Hod Hall Lane.
Crews arrived to find around 1,000 tonnes of straw well alight, spreading to trees and stubble. Firefighters used two hose reels and beaters to bring the fire under control.
The fire is currently being allowed to burn out under supervision of firefighters.
Relief crews from Sutton and Cambridge attended through the night, while one crew from Papworth currently remains at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire will be investigated once the incident is concluded.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation