Arts centre ready to showcase the 20th Century's best at poster exhibition
- Credit: Haddenham Arts Centre
From painter David Hockney to Henri Matisse, art fans in and around east Cambridgeshire will be able to get a taste for some of the 20th Century’s finest artists.
An exhibition at Haddenham Arts Centre will showcase original art posters from some of the leading figures of their time.
“Posters are a great way to own affordable works by the very best,” Caroline Cawley, manager at Haddenham Arts Centre, said.
“These leading artists enjoyed designing their own exhibition posters, often in the form of original lithographs printed by some of the great Parisian print ateliers such as the Mourlot Frères studio.”
Twenty of the best original prints designed by artists will feature, including collectable prints and lithographs from the likes of Hockney, Matisse and Pablo Picasso.
Ms Cawley added: “Because posters were designed with a specific function in mind and had to be big enough and interesting enough to catch a viewer’s eye, they’re invariably pretty sizable.”
The exhibition takes place from 2-4pm on Saturday, March 5 through to Tuesday, April 19 and is open Tuesdays to Saturdays between 10am-4pm.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 8 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 9 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 10 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
Entry to the arts centre, gardens and artists’ studios is free.