Mike Petty’s Fenland history talk raises funds to improve St. Andrew’s Hall in Witchford
- Credit: Archant
A talk on local history raised £322 towards fitting a toilet and refreshment area in St. Andrew’s Hall in Witchford.
Mike Petty fascinated a large group of enthusiasts in, when he told tales of the Fens in times gone by.
He described the background to the drainage of the Fens and included many amusing stories that showed Mike's genuine understanding of the characters involved and their motives.
Mike's own website is www.mikepetty.org.uk and he has his own Facebook page: Fenland History on Facebook.
The next event in St Andrew's Hall will be a jewellery workshop on Friday August 23 from 9.30am to 11.30am where attendees will learn to make necklaces and bracelets. Materials will be brought and then makers can take away what they create.
You may also want to watch:
The next dinner will be on September 2 when there will be an auction of promises.
If anyone would like to promise doing housework, gardening or some such menial task that many of us shy away from, please don't hesitate to offer. For more information about this and event please email email@example.com or call 01353 663918.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 10 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member