Historic Victorian mill to go under the hammer
- Credit: Archant
An historic Victorian mill in Soham is set to go under the hammer next Wednesday (June 25).
The three-storey brick mill, set within half-an-acre of grounds, is located in Spencer Drove, near Mereside, and dates back to the 19th century.
In 2011, East Cambridgeshire District Council granted planning permission to convert the building into an office but it has retained almost all over its original features, included its tiled roof.
Much of the building is currently used for storage but there is an office inside, measuring about 205 sq ft. There is also space for parking cars.
The mill is being auctioned by Cheffins on Wednesday at Clifton House, in Cambridge, from 2pm and is expected to fetch between £80,000-£100,000.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the property, visit www.cheffins.co.uk
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 6 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity