Historic Victorian mill to go under the hammer
- Credit: Archant
An historic Victorian mill in Soham is set to go under the hammer next Wednesday (June 25).
The three-storey brick mill, set within half-an-acre of grounds, is located in Spencer Drove, near Mereside, and dates back to the 19th century.
In 2011, East Cambridgeshire District Council granted planning permission to convert the building into an office but it has retained almost all over its original features, included its tiled roof.
Much of the building is currently used for storage but there is an office inside, measuring about 205 sq ft. There is also space for parking cars.
The mill is being auctioned by Cheffins on Wednesday at Clifton House, in Cambridge, from 2pm and is expected to fetch between £80,000-£100,000.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the property, visit www.cheffins.co.uk
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment