Cambridgeshire historian Mike Petty to feature in Ely & District Parkinson’s UK Support Group 2020 plans
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire historian Mike Petty is just one of the speakers planned in the New Year by a Parkinson’s support group in Ely.
The Ely and District Parkinson's UK Support Group have talks based on subjects such as the history of Burrow's newsagents and canapés for Christmas lined up.
Some member benefits include socialising with friends, musical bingo and meals together, said lead volunteer Caroline Nicklinson.
A vocal exercise group also takes place at a cost of £3 per week, which is subsidised by Parkinson's UK and from local group funds and donations.
St Ives band, the Rocking Ukeleles, entertained the group at a Christmas celebration recently as members reflected on a busy year.
You may also want to watch:
The group meets on the third Tuesday afternoon in the month between 2.30-4pm at the Bell Holt Sanctuary Housing Function Room, Lisle Lane, Ely, CB7 4ED.
For more information, email Caroline Nicklinson on email@example.com or call 07718191482.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze