Hip hoppers set to star in hit movie
THREE Ely dancers will appear in the film Street Dance 2 when it is released next year.
Sarah Baker, Lee Halls and Lauren Miller went down to London for filming on July 11 and found themselves working with some of the best dancers in the country, including dance troupe Flawless. “It was great fun although we had long days with 5am starts but it was a really good experience”, said Sarah.
Sarah Baker is a director of Ely’s Funk It Up dance school and Lauren, 17, and Lee, 19, are members of the school’s Suspects Cru, a hip-hop, breakin’ and street dance group which has been giving public performances locally and performed at Her Majesty’s theatre in London’s West End last May. “The filming experience was something we could put on our CVs”, said Sarah, “and it has opened up other opportunities for us.
“There were so many people doing the film and we had great fun hanging out and jamming with Flawless”, she added.
Sarah is running a hip hop and street dance summer school next week (August 1-5) at Centre E on Barton Road when her contacts from all over the world are descending on Ely to take the classes. There will be three workshops a day, from 10am-4pm, aimed at everyone from seven years old to adult beginners. The full week costs �125 and daily sessions cost �40. There are still places available.
INFO: Sarah Baker on 07762705644 or go to www.hiphopschoolely.co.uk
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months