Covid-19 vaccines for care home staff
- Credit: BARCHESTER HEALTHCARE
Twenty-three members of staff at an East Cambridgeshire care home were among the first to receive the Covid-19 vaccine.
Members of the team at Barchester’s Hilton Park care home in Bottisham were invited to have the vaccination at Staploe Medical Centre in Soham.
Suja Mathai, general manager, said: “We’ve had a year like no other and the vaccine feels like the light at the end of the tunnel.
“Our teams have been magnificent in how they have risen to every challenge during this pandemic and we are proud to play our part in this next phase to ensure the most vulnerable are protected.”
Dan Richardson, staff member at Hilton Park care home said: “I am so pleased to be given the vaccine.
You may also want to watch:
“It will help to keep our residents safe, and is the first step in getting things back to normal and having a buzz of visitors in the home once again.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion