Highfields Special School’s fundraising wheels are now in motion thanks to donation from Bartrams Mobility Centre
- Credit: Archant
An Ely school that supports children with educational needs has received a boost by a local mobility company in the form of a new paediatric wheelchair.
Highfields Special School, on Downham Road, was presented with a new wheelchair by Bartrams Mobility Centre, which will be used to help transport learners at the school that have problems with mobility.
Highfields supports children aged between two and 19 who have educational needs, and Maz Baker, income generator at the Highfields Friends & Parents Association, says the school is very grateful for the donation.
She said: “We are currently trying to raise funds to buy an all-terrain wheelchair to enable our students to access the grass playing fields, so they can fully participate in Tag Rugby in the autumn winter term.
“It was during this discussion with Bartrams that the offer of a free wheelchair came about. We are always very grateful to benefit from corporate donations like this.”
Store manager at Bartrams, Naomi Sherwood, said the company was happy to help: “We understand the importance of providing quality mobility access to the learners at Highfield School.
“We are thrilled to have an opportunity to support them with this donation. We also hope to aid them in their continued fundraising efforts for an all-terrain wheelchair.”
- 1 E-scooter crackdown sees crimes drop by third across county
- 2 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 3 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 4 Caught on camera the moment an otter came up for dinner
- 5 Combined Authority in freefall: how on earth did we get to this?
- 6 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 7 Free trips on classic coaches at Busfest 2022
- 8 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 9 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 10 Visit Ely announces series of fun-packed events ahead of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
For more information, or if you wish to donate to Highfields’ all-terrain wheelchair appeal, visit www.highfieldschoolely.co.uk, call Maz Baker on 01353 662085 or visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund/highfieldwheelchairappeal.