Highfield students in Ely enjoy a trip to Wicksteed Park
- Credit: Archant
Wicksteed Park was the destination for 64 children from Highfields School in Ely who enjoyed a trip thanks to the Rotary Clubs at Ely, Soham and Littleport.
The pupils were joined by 30 helpers and assistants.
Three buses from Grey’s of Ely, plus the school’s own minibus, took them on a sunny day to the park.
A picnic was supplied by the rotary clubs before they went off to enjoy the rides.
Most children enjoyed the train ride while several went on the lighthouse which takes riders up to the sky and drops them down to the ground. Several went on the carousel, the ladybird coaster, the Wicksteed cars and the paratrooper.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the more daring children went on the racing cars and in all, there were more than 25 different rides the children could go on.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody