Highfield School pupils shine in production of Disney film Tiana’s Dream
- Credit: Archant
A whole school took part in a spectacular adaptation of a Disney film in front of a packed house on Thursday.
Pupils at Highfield School in Ely took to the stage to perform Tiana’s Dream, which was based on the Disney film of the same name about a hardworking waitress who dreams of opening her own restaurant but transforms into a frog after kissing a prince who has been turned into one by an evil witch doctor.
They were helped with the production by Ely based Lantern Dance and Theatre Company, who have a long standing relationship with the school.
Head teacher Simon Bainbridge was thrilled with how the show unfolded.
He said: “It went really well. The whole school took part, which we think is essential to help boost the pupils’ confidence and self esteem. All the hard work made it a very successful production.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to above all thank Lantern Dance and Theatre for their support and hope we can maintain our good relationship in the future.”
The school is fundraising to help with its dance provision. If you can help, call Simon or Julia on 01353 662085
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'