Highfield School and Elysian Riding For The Disabled Groups Receive Cheques From Ely Cathedral
THE Dean and Chapter of Ely Cathedral presented cheques for �3,868 to Highfield School and �1,582 to the Elysian Riding for the Disabled (RDA) after a Candle Service was held in the cathedral. The organisations were beneficiaries of the Charity Christmas
THE Dean and Chapter of Ely Cathedral presented cheques for �3,868 to Highfield School and �1,582 to the Elysian Riding for the Disabled (RDA) after a Candle Service was held in the cathedral.
The organisations were beneficiaries of the Charity Christmas Carol Concert which was held last December.
Highfield School, based at Downham Road, Ely, provides a secure learning environment for pupils with special educational needs. It aims to provide excellent education and pastoral care for pupils to develop both socially and academically. The Elysian RDA, based at Witchford, provides riding and driving sessions for people with disabilities.
9645/8427: Highfields head teacher Jennie Moran, left, receives a cheque from Michael Chandler, the Dean of Ely Cathedral, watched by Enid Bedford, organiser and instructor for Elysian RDA, who received a smaller cheque of �1,582 thanks to the people who supported the Cathedral's Charity Christmas Carol Concert held in December.
Photo: GEOFF DURRANT
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months