Highfield School and Elysian Riding For The Disabled Groups Receive Cheques From Ely Cathedral
THE Dean and Chapter of Ely Cathedral presented cheques for �3,868 to Highfield School and �1,582 to the Elysian Riding for the Disabled (RDA) after a Candle Service was held in the cathedral. The organisations were beneficiaries of the Charity Christmas
THE Dean and Chapter of Ely Cathedral presented cheques for �3,868 to Highfield School and �1,582 to the Elysian Riding for the Disabled (RDA) after a Candle Service was held in the cathedral.
The organisations were beneficiaries of the Charity Christmas Carol Concert which was held last December.
Highfield School, based at Downham Road, Ely, provides a secure learning environment for pupils with special educational needs. It aims to provide excellent education and pastoral care for pupils to develop both socially and academically. The Elysian RDA, based at Witchford, provides riding and driving sessions for people with disabilities.
9645/8427: Highfields head teacher Jennie Moran, left, receives a cheque from Michael Chandler, the Dean of Ely Cathedral, watched by Enid Bedford, organiser and instructor for Elysian RDA, who received a smaller cheque of �1,582 thanks to the people who supported the Cathedral's Charity Christmas Carol Concert held in December.
You may also want to watch:
Photo: GEOFF DURRANT
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest