Highfield Academy in Littleport awarded £2,000 grant from Tesco’s Bags of Help community scheme to improve outside play equipment
- Credit: Archant
Children at Highfield Academy in Littleport can enjoy “an exciting adventure” every time they use the playground thanks to a £2,000 grant from Tesco’s Bags of Help community scheme.
The money will be used to bring the school’s ‘Ramp it Up 4 Highfields Littleport Academy project’ to life.
Jo Pearson, volunteer grants co-ordinator and fundraiser, said: “The money we have been awarded will enable us to make a huge difference to the outside play equipment available at the academy.
“The young people and staff of the academy cannot thank the customers of Tesco enough for their support in helping them achieve this funding. “The playground will now be an exciting adventure every time the young people experience it.”
Bags of Help is run in partnership with environmental charity Groundwork, and sees grants raised from the sale of carrier bags awarded to thousands of local community projects every year.
You may also want to watch:
Since launching in 2015, it’s provided more than £63 million to over 20,000 local community projects.
Voting ran in Tesco stores throughout September and October with customers choosing which local project they would like to get the top award using a token given to them at the checkout.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 7 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Tesco customers get the chance to vote for three different groups each time they shop.
Every other month, when votes are collected, three groups in each of Tesco’s regions are awarded funding.
For more information visit www.tesco.com/bagsofhelp.