High winds blow double decker off the road
A HEAVILY pregnant woman was among the passengers of a double decker bus as it was swept off the road in high winds today (Thursday). The C9 bus from Ely to Cambridge turned over at around 3.45pm on the A10 outside Stretham with four passengers on board,
A HEAVILY pregnant woman was among the passengers of a double decker bus as it was swept off the road in high winds on Thursday.
The C9 bus from Ely to Cambridge turned over at around 3.45pm on the A10 outside Stretham with four passengers on board, all of whom sustained only minor injuries.
A pregnant woman whose baby is overdue was rushed to the Rosie Maternity Hospital by police shortly after the accident.
Traffic officer Pc Stephanie Corletto happened to be travelling behind the bus when the accident happened.
"The wind just took the bus," she said.
"All I saw was the top of the bus jerk sideways and it was in the ditch - thankfully the bus wasn't very full."
- 1 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 2 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 3 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 4 Man facing eviction fears 'absolute disaster' despite council help
- 5 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
- 6 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
- 7 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Child shot in face by BB gun bought at summer festival
- 10 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
Police closed one side of the road for around an hour.
How have you been affected by the extreme weather?
Homes across the district have been damaged by high winds - has this happened to you? Do you have any photographs of the effects of the volatile conditions?
Get in touch by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org