High winds blow double decker off the road
A HEAVILY pregnant woman was among the passengers of a double decker bus as it was swept off the road in high winds today (Thursday). The C9 bus from Ely to Cambridge turned over at around 3.45pm on the A10 outside Stretham with four passengers on board,
A HEAVILY pregnant woman was among the passengers of a double decker bus as it was swept off the road in high winds on Thursday.
The C9 bus from Ely to Cambridge turned over at around 3.45pm on the A10 outside Stretham with four passengers on board, all of whom sustained only minor injuries.
A pregnant woman whose baby is overdue was rushed to the Rosie Maternity Hospital by police shortly after the accident.
Traffic officer Pc Stephanie Corletto happened to be travelling behind the bus when the accident happened.
"The wind just took the bus," she said.
"All I saw was the top of the bus jerk sideways and it was in the ditch - thankfully the bus wasn't very full."
- 1 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 2 Post office and village shop moves into old Baptist chapel
- 3 Baby murder trial jury told dad was angry at social services involvement
- 4 Aspiring photographer, 10, captures Ely's winter sunrise on camera
- 5 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 6 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 7 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 8 Sewage upgrade to continue in village with two-way traffic lights
- 9 Baby murder trial told of midwife's concerns
- 10 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
Police closed one side of the road for around an hour.
How have you been affected by the extreme weather?
Homes across the district have been damaged by high winds - has this happened to you? Do you have any photographs of the effects of the volatile conditions?
Get in touch by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org