High winds blow double decker off the road
A HEAVILY pregnant woman was among the passengers of a double decker bus as it was swept off the road in high winds today (Thursday). The C9 bus from Ely to Cambridge turned over at around 3.45pm on the A10 outside Stretham with four passengers on board,
A HEAVILY pregnant woman was among the passengers of a double decker bus as it was swept off the road in high winds on Thursday.
The C9 bus from Ely to Cambridge turned over at around 3.45pm on the A10 outside Stretham with four passengers on board, all of whom sustained only minor injuries.
A pregnant woman whose baby is overdue was rushed to the Rosie Maternity Hospital by police shortly after the accident.
Traffic officer Pc Stephanie Corletto happened to be travelling behind the bus when the accident happened.
You may also want to watch:
"The wind just took the bus," she said.
"All I saw was the top of the bus jerk sideways and it was in the ditch - thankfully the bus wasn't very full."
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Police closed one side of the road for around an hour.
How have you been affected by the extreme weather?
Homes across the district have been damaged by high winds - has this happened to you? Do you have any photographs of the effects of the volatile conditions?
Get in touch by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org