Higay Man Falls Off The Wagon and Crashes His Car
RECOVERING alcoholic Julius Taylor fell off the wagon when he drank a bottle of wine and then crashed his car. Police found his vehicle had been reversed into a ditch in Prickwillow on December 7, and Taylor was unsteady on his feet and his speech was s
RECOVERING alcoholic Julius Taylor "fell off the wagon" when he drank a bottle of wine and then crashed his car.
Police found his vehicle had been reversed into a ditch in Prickwillow on December 7, and Taylor was unsteady on his feet and his speech was slurred, Ely magistrates were told.
Taylor, 48, of High Street, Hilgay, admitted driving with an alcohol reading more than double the legal limit.
"He'd been dry for more than five years, and the embarrassment of publicly falling off the wagon has been great," said solicitor Jacqui Baldwin.
You may also want to watch:
"He attends a drug and alcohol facility in King's Lynn, and is now back on the wagon. He is disappointed in himself after five years of sobriety."
Taylor was banned from driving for 20 months, and magistrates fined him �250 with �85 costs and a �15 surcharge.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested