Higay Man Falls Off The Wagon and Crashes His Car
RECOVERING alcoholic Julius Taylor fell off the wagon when he drank a bottle of wine and then crashed his car. Police found his vehicle had been reversed into a ditch in Prickwillow on December 7, and Taylor was unsteady on his feet and his speech was s
RECOVERING alcoholic Julius Taylor "fell off the wagon" when he drank a bottle of wine and then crashed his car.
Police found his vehicle had been reversed into a ditch in Prickwillow on December 7, and Taylor was unsteady on his feet and his speech was slurred, Ely magistrates were told.
Taylor, 48, of High Street, Hilgay, admitted driving with an alcohol reading more than double the legal limit.
"He'd been dry for more than five years, and the embarrassment of publicly falling off the wagon has been great," said solicitor Jacqui Baldwin.
You may also want to watch:
"He attends a drug and alcohol facility in King's Lynn, and is now back on the wagon. He is disappointed in himself after five years of sobriety."
Taylor was banned from driving for 20 months, and magistrates fined him �250 with �85 costs and a �15 surcharge.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?