Higay Man Falls Off The Wagon and Crashes His Car
RECOVERING alcoholic Julius Taylor fell off the wagon when he drank a bottle of wine and then crashed his car. Police found his vehicle had been reversed into a ditch in Prickwillow on December 7, and Taylor was unsteady on his feet and his speech was s
RECOVERING alcoholic Julius Taylor "fell off the wagon" when he drank a bottle of wine and then crashed his car.
Police found his vehicle had been reversed into a ditch in Prickwillow on December 7, and Taylor was unsteady on his feet and his speech was slurred, Ely magistrates were told.
Taylor, 48, of High Street, Hilgay, admitted driving with an alcohol reading more than double the legal limit.
"He'd been dry for more than five years, and the embarrassment of publicly falling off the wagon has been great," said solicitor Jacqui Baldwin.
"He attends a drug and alcohol facility in King's Lynn, and is now back on the wagon. He is disappointed in himself after five years of sobriety."
Taylor was banned from driving for 20 months, and magistrates fined him �250 with �85 costs and a �15 surcharge.
- 1 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 2 Cinderella makes a comeback thanks to Players' Christmas pantomime
- 3 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 7 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 8 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 9 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic