Higay Man Falls Off The Wagon and Crashes His Car
RECOVERING alcoholic Julius Taylor fell off the wagon when he drank a bottle of wine and then crashed his car. Police found his vehicle had been reversed into a ditch in Prickwillow on December 7, and Taylor was unsteady on his feet and his speech was s
RECOVERING alcoholic Julius Taylor "fell off the wagon" when he drank a bottle of wine and then crashed his car.
Police found his vehicle had been reversed into a ditch in Prickwillow on December 7, and Taylor was unsteady on his feet and his speech was slurred, Ely magistrates were told.
Taylor, 48, of High Street, Hilgay, admitted driving with an alcohol reading more than double the legal limit.
"He'd been dry for more than five years, and the embarrassment of publicly falling off the wagon has been great," said solicitor Jacqui Baldwin.
You may also want to watch:
"He attends a drug and alcohol facility in King's Lynn, and is now back on the wagon. He is disappointed in himself after five years of sobriety."
Taylor was banned from driving for 20 months, and magistrates fined him �250 with �85 costs and a �15 surcharge.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'