Hidden Camera Catches Care Worker Stealing From Client's Purse
A HIDDEN camera recorded care worker Claire Emery as she stole cash from a client s purse. The camera had been erected in the living room because her client s son had become concerned about Emery s behaviour, Ely magistrates were told. Film footage showed
A HIDDEN camera recorded care worker Claire Emery as she stole cash from a client's purse.
The camera had been erected in the living room because her client's son had become concerned about Emery's behaviour, Ely magistrates were told.
Film footage showed 44-year-old care agency worker Emery going to the purse on two occasions, and helping herself to cash.
Victim Phyllis Markwell told police that she had �55 in her purse on one occasion, but the following day discovered �10 was missing.
You may also want to watch:
When arrested, Emery, of High Street, Wilburton, admitted going to the purse on two occasions.
Representing herself in court, Emery admitted stealing cash from Mrs Markwell on December 17, and said she had resigned from her job.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 9 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 10 Town considers home for market
"I deeply regret what I have done," she added. "I have never done anything like this before.
"I have been under a lot of stress in the last few months; I have had two deaths in the family, and my Dad had a stroke in November, I just haven't been thinking clearly."
Giving Emery an 18-month conditional discharge, presiding magistrate Mary Rone said: "You are obviously under huge stress, but might be well advised to seek medical advice."
Emery was ordered to pay �10 compensation and �85 costs.