Bake sale at HEY Solicitors in Ely raises hundreds for Brain Tumour Charity
- Credit: Archant
The team at HEY Solicitors Ltd in Ely raised hundreds for The Brain Tumour Charity by organising and hosting ‘The Big Bandana Bake’.
The firm decided to hold the event after a member of their staff’s brother died from a brain tumour in 2017, aged 44.
Marie Smith, team member, said: “Everyone worked really hard to make the day a huge success, giving away free tea and coffee with every cake sold, and raising £525 on the day.
“Our special thanks go to Giles Landscapes CMS Ltd and Absolute Sense Independent Financial Services for their generous donations.
“Money is still being donated and the firm expects the total to be close to £600.”
“Everyone at HEY would like to thank everyone for coming along and supporting this worthy charity and helping to raise such an amazing amount.
“If anyone would like to donate they can go to the charity’s website or call into HEY Solicitors, who will be glad to take your donation.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
The charity receives just one per cent of funds raised for Cancer Research, yet claims the lives of more people under 40 than any other type of cancer.
Part of the money raised will go to The Sophie’s Smile Fund, which raises funds for The Brain Tumour Charity in memory of Sophie Bell who died from a brain tumour aged nine.