Hereward pub manager congratulated by MPs at House of Commons after completing management programme
- Credit: Archant
MP Lucy Frazer met with the manager of an Ely pub to congratulate him at a special reception at the House of Commons.
Neil Deane, manager of the Hereward pub on Market Street, travelled to London to attend a celebratory reception in honour of being one of Stonegate Pub Company’s first 100 managers to complete its management-training ‘Accelerator’ programme.
Fifty MPs, including SE Cambs MP Ms Frazer, joined Stonegate bosses to mark the occasion and congratulate Mark and his fellow managers.
The special guests were given a VIP tour of the House of Commons before the main event, hosted on the Terrace by Gavin Shuker MP.
Launched in 2013, the Accelerator programme provides deputy managers the chance to rise to the challenge of managing their own pub.
You may also want to watch:
Over 100 graduates have progressed to general manager roles, with a further five in head office roles.
Jon Perkins, success coach for Stonegate, developed the Accelerator programme and said: “The programme develops both personal and business skills. Its uniqueness is in identifying personal motivators that inspire the skill and the will to succeed.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody