Third place listing for Ely air cadets in hard fought weekend swimming competition
- Credit: Archant
Ely air cadets have enjoyed success at a inter squadron swimming competition.
Saturday saw Ely’s air cadet squadron’s swimming team go up against the other 29 air cadet squadrons from across Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire in a friendly but hard fought competition.
Last year the squadron was proud to win the junior boys trophy but this year the competition was even tougher and Ely came third.
However, having taken gold in both the butterfly and individual medley, cadet Callum Bond was over the moon at being selected to join the wing swimming team to represent Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire against all the other six wings in central and east England in the regional swimming finals later this month.
Callum will be awarded his wing blue for representing the two counties when he next competes; the squadron says they will all be willing Callum to win and hopefully move forward to the national championships.
If you are interested in joining the air cadets an Open Evening is being held at the squadron’s headquarters in Heaton Drive, Ely, CB6 4RS, at 8pm on Wednesday October 3.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 7 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told