Third place listing for Ely air cadets in hard fought weekend swimming competition
- Credit: Archant
Ely air cadets have enjoyed success at a inter squadron swimming competition.
Saturday saw Ely’s air cadet squadron’s swimming team go up against the other 29 air cadet squadrons from across Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire in a friendly but hard fought competition.
Last year the squadron was proud to win the junior boys trophy but this year the competition was even tougher and Ely came third.
However, having taken gold in both the butterfly and individual medley, cadet Callum Bond was over the moon at being selected to join the wing swimming team to represent Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire against all the other six wings in central and east England in the regional swimming finals later this month.
Callum will be awarded his wing blue for representing the two counties when he next competes; the squadron says they will all be willing Callum to win and hopefully move forward to the national championships.
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in joining the air cadets an Open Evening is being held at the squadron’s headquarters in Heaton Drive, Ely, CB6 4RS, at 8pm on Wednesday October 3.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour