Help secure Dan's release by donating to Sue Ryder Care
SUE Ryder Care will be handcuffing a member of the Ely Standard team to a bed in a bid to raise money for their new appeal. Sports editor Dan Mansfield, will remain bound to a rickety old bed until he raises enough money to earn his release, and he needs
SUE Ryder Care will be handcuffing a member of the Ely Standard team to a bed in a bid to raise money for their new appeal.
Sports editor Dan Mansfield, will remain bound to a rickety old bed until he raises enough money to earn his release, and he needs your help!
Dan is looking for donations from members of the public to help him secure his release and you can lend your support to him and Sue Ryder here on our website.
By following our link below you will be transported to our secure donations page where you can give as much or as little as you can towards the purchase of 28 new electric beds for people with debilitating conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Dan said, "Though I will be chained to the bed for a limited time there are people out there with conditions that mean they are restricted to the confines of a dilapidated old bed for days or weeks on end in a great deal of discomfort.
"If everyone out there would be happy to pledge even a couple of pounds then it could make a great deal of difference to those who are 'handcuffed' to their beds indefinitely."
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
If you can't donate online then come and support Dan in person at the Charity's bed appeal taking place at the Easter Fair being held on April 9 at The Old Palace Gardens in Ely. Also at the event, which is running from 10am-3pm, will be a host of entertainment including an Easter hunt puzzle, craft stalls, dancing from the Lantern Dance Company and party session with Burrows Bookshop.