Help secure Dan's release by donating to Sue Ryder Care
SUE Ryder Care will be handcuffing a member of the Ely Standard team to a bed in a bid to raise money for their new appeal. Sports editor Dan Mansfield, will remain bound to a rickety old bed until he raises enough money to earn his release, and he needs
SUE Ryder Care will be handcuffing a member of the Ely Standard team to a bed in a bid to raise money for their new appeal.
Sports editor Dan Mansfield, will remain bound to a rickety old bed until he raises enough money to earn his release, and he needs your help!
Dan is looking for donations from members of the public to help him secure his release and you can lend your support to him and Sue Ryder here on our website.
By following our link below you will be transported to our secure donations page where you can give as much or as little as you can towards the purchase of 28 new electric beds for people with debilitating conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Dan said, "Though I will be chained to the bed for a limited time there are people out there with conditions that mean they are restricted to the confines of a dilapidated old bed for days or weeks on end in a great deal of discomfort.
"If everyone out there would be happy to pledge even a couple of pounds then it could make a great deal of difference to those who are 'handcuffed' to their beds indefinitely."
- 1 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 2 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 5 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 6 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 7 McDonald’s helps litter pickers in mission to clean up county
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 10 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
If you can't donate online then come and support Dan in person at the Charity's bed appeal taking place at the Easter Fair being held on April 9 at The Old Palace Gardens in Ely. Also at the event, which is running from 10am-3pm, will be a host of entertainment including an Easter hunt puzzle, craft stalls, dancing from the Lantern Dance Company and party session with Burrows Bookshop.