Help re-start Neighbourhood Watch in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of Neighbourhood Watch in East Cambridgeshire are appealing for volunteers to help re-establish the Littleport scheme.
According to organisers, the village is in need of someone with “drive and enthusiasm” to help set up the scheme again and help it grow.
In a post on community website ShapeYourPlace, a spokesman said: “A few months ago there was not a single neighbourhood watch member in the village of Mepal, until a concerned local resident decided to do something about it.
“As a result of his drive and enthusiasm, Mepal is now fully covered by neighbourhood watch schemes and the coordinators from each of the schemes are liaising and holding meetings.
“Neighbourhood Watch now has a voice on the parish council, and within the village positive actions are being taken to reduce crime and bring the community closer together.
“Littleport needs a local resident with drive and enthusiasm to do the same for the village. In fact, because Littleport is so much bigger than Mepal it would be preferable to have a number of such enthusiasts.”
If you think you can do something for Littleport, phone Neighbourhood Watch member Kevin Evans on 01353 614892.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 10 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy