Ely Museum’s appeal for more volunteers after £1.66 million investment from Heritage Lottery Fund arrives to ‘shape the future’
- Credit: Archant
A museum in East Cambridgeshire is appealing to find more volunteers after they received £1.66 million from the National Heritage Lottery Fund.
Ely Museum received the grant in January this year to transform the site over the next two years and to work closer with the local community.
Now everything is ready to go, they just need more volunteers to help deliver activities, man stalls at events, pack up artefacts or even maintain the garden.
Emily Allen, community engagement officer, said: "It's been wonderful to see how enthusiastic local people are about our exciting redevelopment of Ely Museum.
"There are lots of opportunities to get involved now as we prepare for the builders to arrive in the early autumn, both in the museum and out at events and schools across the region.
"We'd love lots of local people to get involved and help us shape the museum and our events during this exciting time."
The museum is holding volunteer recruitment days on Thursday, July 18 from 3 to 8pm and on Saturday, July 20 from 11am to 4pm.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
On both days there will be an opportunity for members of the public to view the latest plans for the building. They will also be able to take a free guided tour of the site.