Help for old folk having a taxing time
PERSONAL tax surgeries are being held at Ely s Citizens Advice Bureau to offer over-60s on low incomes help with their finances. Independent advice will be given to people worried about their tax who cannot afford to pay accountants fees. It is availabl
PERSONAL tax surgeries are being held at Ely's Citizens' Advice Bureau to offer over-60s on low incomes help with their finances.
Independent advice will be given to people worried about their tax who cannot afford to pay accountants' fees.
It is available by appointment to anyone with a household income of £15,000 or below.
The surgeries, run under the TaxHelp for Older People (TOP) scheme, are staffed by volunteers from the tax profession.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Anyone who thinks they may be eligible for help from TOP can get an appointment by telephoning Ely CAB on 0845 1306442 Monday to Thursday 9.15am-1.30pm. More details on opening times for Ely and District CAB can be found on its website at www.elycab.org.uk
For more information about TaxHelp for Older People visit www.taxvol.org.uk
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation