Help create a new eel for Ely’s popular annual Eel Day parade
- Credit: Archant
Come and help arts group ADeC build a new eel for Ely’s annual Eel Day celebrations.
ADeC need as many people as possible to come to two free drop-in workshops during the Easter holidays.
The workshops will run between 11am and 4pm on both Wednesday and Thursday April 16-17 in the Lighthouse Centre, Lynn Road, Ely.
Nathan Jones from ADeC who is co-ordinating the workshops, said: “Local artist Cary Outis will be on hand throughout the two days and has some great ideas on design.
“If construction goes to plan there could be a surprise new element to the eel which will be unveiled at the eel parade on Eel Day on May 5.
“We really do need as many people as possible to help, if you’re under 12 you will need to come with an adult, so it’s a chance for everyone to get hands-on.
“We also need a new name for this eel, we don’t know yet if it’s going to be a girl or boy eel but if you come and help you can vote on the new name”
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
There’s no need to book but if you need more details contact Nathan Jones on 01353 611591 or e-mail Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org