Help create a new eel for Ely’s popular annual Eel Day parade
- Credit: Archant
Come and help arts group ADeC build a new eel for Ely’s annual Eel Day celebrations.
ADeC need as many people as possible to come to two free drop-in workshops during the Easter holidays.
The workshops will run between 11am and 4pm on both Wednesday and Thursday April 16-17 in the Lighthouse Centre, Lynn Road, Ely.
Nathan Jones from ADeC who is co-ordinating the workshops, said: “Local artist Cary Outis will be on hand throughout the two days and has some great ideas on design.
“If construction goes to plan there could be a surprise new element to the eel which will be unveiled at the eel parade on Eel Day on May 5.
You may also want to watch:
“We really do need as many people as possible to help, if you’re under 12 you will need to come with an adult, so it’s a chance for everyone to get hands-on.
“We also need a new name for this eel, we don’t know yet if it’s going to be a girl or boy eel but if you come and help you can vote on the new name”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
There’s no need to book but if you need more details contact Nathan Jones on 01353 611591 or e-mail Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org