Help create a new eel for Ely’s popular annual Eel Day parade
- Credit: Archant
Come and help arts group ADeC build a new eel for Ely’s annual Eel Day celebrations.
ADeC need as many people as possible to come to two free drop-in workshops during the Easter holidays.
The workshops will run between 11am and 4pm on both Wednesday and Thursday April 16-17 in the Lighthouse Centre, Lynn Road, Ely.
Nathan Jones from ADeC who is co-ordinating the workshops, said: “Local artist Cary Outis will be on hand throughout the two days and has some great ideas on design.
“If construction goes to plan there could be a surprise new element to the eel which will be unveiled at the eel parade on Eel Day on May 5.
You may also want to watch:
“We really do need as many people as possible to help, if you’re under 12 you will need to come with an adult, so it’s a chance for everyone to get hands-on.
“We also need a new name for this eel, we don’t know yet if it’s going to be a girl or boy eel but if you come and help you can vote on the new name”
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 8 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 9 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
There’s no need to book but if you need more details contact Nathan Jones on 01353 611591 or e-mail Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org