Helicopter Ride Goes Under The Hammer To Raise Money For Soham Playgroup
DO you fancy a helicopter ride, a day with the fire service or lunch with the Cambridge United team? These are just a selection of the 40 lots billed for a charity auction to be held in Soham on Saturday. Local auctioneer David Palmer is putting the lots
DO you fancy a helicopter ride, a day with the fire service or lunch with the Cambridge United team?
These are just a selection of the 40 lots billed for a charity auction to be held in Soham on Saturday.
Local auctioneer David Palmer is putting the lots under the hammer on the day. He has also managed to wangle a month's free milk delivery out of Soham Town Council chairman-come-dairyman Chris Palmer.
All proceeds from the auction, which will take place in The Pavilion alongside the Soham Beer Festival, will go to the Windmill Playgroup whose home is at Soham Methodist Church.
You may also want to watch:
The Windmill Playgroup is looking to invest in new technology for their move to a new children's centre currently being built on The Weatheralls Primary School site. They hope to be up and running in their new home by January 2009.
INFO: The auction of promises starts at 7pm at The Pavilion. If you would like to make a sealed bid in advance, the lots will be listed at The Pavilion from 2pm on the day, or contact Lisa Flude on 01353 722462.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town