Rhiannon, Cadell, Joel, Hana and Ellis from Lantern Community Primary School with a hamper of fruit donated by Scott Bros. Ltd at Witcham Toll, as part of a Health Promoting School Week. The school s healthy eating initiative has seen the children learn
Rhiannon, Cadell, Joel, Hana and Ellis from Lantern Community Primary School with a hamper of fruit donated by Scott Bros. Ltd at Witcham Toll, as part of a Health Promoting School Week.
The school's healthy eating initiative has seen the children learn about teeth-brushing from a puppet giraffe and about the way the importance of sleep and healthy eating with a video and light display.
At an afternoon assembly on Friday, the children told visiting parents about healthy living and encouraged them to sign a Health Promoting School Charter.
Head teacher Jan Cobley said: "The healthy development of all our pupils and staff is very important to the school."
You may also want to watch:
Photo: HELEN SOUTH 7199
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Open-air museum due to reopen as lockdown eases