Rhiannon, Cadell, Joel, Hana and Ellis from Lantern Community Primary School with a hamper of fruit donated by Scott Bros. Ltd at Witcham Toll, as part of a Health Promoting School Week. The school s healthy eating initiative has seen the children learn
Rhiannon, Cadell, Joel, Hana and Ellis from Lantern Community Primary School with a hamper of fruit donated by Scott Bros. Ltd at Witcham Toll, as part of a Health Promoting School Week.
The school's healthy eating initiative has seen the children learn about teeth-brushing from a puppet giraffe and about the way the importance of sleep and healthy eating with a video and light display.
At an afternoon assembly on Friday, the children told visiting parents about healthy living and encouraged them to sign a Health Promoting School Charter.
Head teacher Jan Cobley said: "The healthy development of all our pupils and staff is very important to the school."
Photo: HELEN SOUTH 7199
- 1 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 2 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 3 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 6 'She will be sorely missed' - Rev Teresa retires
- 7 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 8 New-look girls' team bolstered on and off the pitch
- 9 Air cadet Rory given fitting farewell after loyal service
- 10 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives