Rhiannon, Cadell, Joel, Hana and Ellis from Lantern Community Primary School with a hamper of fruit donated by Scott Bros. Ltd at Witcham Toll, as part of a Health Promoting School Week. The school s healthy eating initiative has seen the children learn
Rhiannon, Cadell, Joel, Hana and Ellis from Lantern Community Primary School with a hamper of fruit donated by Scott Bros. Ltd at Witcham Toll, as part of a Health Promoting School Week.
The school's healthy eating initiative has seen the children learn about teeth-brushing from a puppet giraffe and about the way the importance of sleep and healthy eating with a video and light display.
At an afternoon assembly on Friday, the children told visiting parents about healthy living and encouraged them to sign a Health Promoting School Charter.
Head teacher Jan Cobley said: "The healthy development of all our pupils and staff is very important to the school."
You may also want to watch:
Photo: HELEN SOUTH 7199
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 7 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 8 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party